Monday, May 4, 2015

CAS Card Series #2

Hi Everybody,

So since Bekah has been born (the last 9mo - crazy right) my crafting life has basically consisted of everything cards, specifically thank you cards.  I have sent out Thank you cards, Christmas cards, Dedication cards, and now I preparing to send out Thank you dedication cards.  I wish someone would have told me how many cards I would be making before I gave birth so I could have gotten a jump start on things instead of feeling like I am playing catch up.

I have gone through 3 different card designs and that is where my project today comes in.  To me, this may be the simplest of the three designs I have created and my fav.  I love that I have only used my scraps from the DCWV Preppy Princess stack and did not have to buy anything.

I saw a card, on Pinterest no less, that I really liked the layout and scrap lifted it a bit. The original card I saw was from Vicky at Crafting Clares Paper Moments http://craftingclare.blogspot.jp/2013/01/a-bloomin-marvellous-christmas.html.  This became the inspiration for my cards.






First I cut my card bases, A2 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 out of white card stock.  Then I cut a smaller piece of card stock 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" that I glued the design to.  Cut some strips of the DCWV paper and cut the ends like a banner/fishtail.  I added a ribbon and my sentiment.  And finally I outlined the outside of the card and the sentiment with my Copic Rll Pale Cherry Pink marker.

I cut another smaller piece of card stock and went around the edges with the R11 marker and them stamped a heart on some of the cards and a baby hand in the bottom right corner of the others.

What's great about these cards is you can use your scrap pieces from those paper collections you have sitting around.  Well maybe not you, but I know I have those pieces.

So there you have it everyone, I am prayerfully just about through with these thank yous and I should probably start working on the next set of thank yous that will be coming up,  "birthday thanks".  Maybe I will just work on thank you cards now, that will take her through her teen years. ;)

Until next time...

Kelli

What I used...
~DCWV Preppy Princess 12x12 stack
~Michael's $1.50 heart stamp
~R11 Pale Cherry Pink Copic Marker
~Amy R "Many Thanks Sentiments" Stamp set
~Offray Ribbon

2 comments:

Krafthead said...

Luvin' the KISS card!! Nice colors and banners~

UTs Hobby Time said...

Beautiful and elegant creation.