Thursday, December 1, 2011

My 25 Days of Christmas Challenge! Day 1

Happy December everyone!!

It is December first and the start of a lot of great things.  The Countdown to Christmas starts, for song shopping begins, for others the arrival of an awaited birthday to look forward to.  But for me, a challenge for myself.  I am challenging myself to a 25 Days of Christmas challenge.  From now until Christmas I am going to make and blog about 25 craft projects.  Since I don't normally blog everyday this is going to be a serious challenge, but one I think I can handle. So here is my first project.  Altered Composition Books that are actually for a swap that I participated in at Scraps of Color:

Book one is a beautiful brown embossed paisley that I paired with white ribbon, a white silk gardenia, purple roses, little blue flowers, and a white dogwood bloom. To embellish further I added brown flat-back pearls, white feathers that I inked with brown ink and a little sparkle swirl.  A white satin ribbon is what I used to cover the spine.


Composition Book #2
Book Two is an ivory embossed floral design that I added brown satin ribbon to frame the ivory antique trim.  I added more white flowers that I inked brown, some more brown flat-back pearls, white daisies, little cream flowers and the white dogwood blooms.  I added a cream, sheer, shimmery ribbon for a little sparkle.  A brown satin ribbon cover the spine.



Composition Book #3
Book three is a matted brown and pink rose pattern that I added the white feathers inked in pink, & pink and champagne flat-back pearls. I hand drew a sparkle flourish along the spine.  Then I took silk flower petals, inked the edges and hot glued them together to create a base that the flower cluster sits upon.  I also inked the pink and ivory roses to help them stand out and give them a wilting look.  If you look close you can see the little white daisies.  The ribbon edge is a piece of antique lace that I placed a brown ribbon on and then a white scalloped edge, sheer ribbon on top of the brown.



The objective was to make 3 books all the same or as close to the same as possible.  I had a hard time finding a paper pack, that I especially liked, that had three of the same designer paper within.  And I soo, fell in love with K&Company's "Julianne" 12x12 paper collection.  So to try and keep within the guidelines I made each book with the same design.  Each book is stamped and signed on the back.

I had a ball making these books!!!  I know that I will make some more for myself since these were for swapping.  They really would make some fantastic Christmas gifts. Hmmmm.....  So let me know what you think.  I love reading your comments.  Thanks for spending some time here with me.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow's creation is.

What I used:
-K&Company "Julianne" Specialty Paper
-DecoArt Twinkles
-Offray Ribbon and Antique Lace from an estate sale
-Feathers from Joann's
-Flat-back pearls
-Silk flowers
-Studio G pigment ink pads
-Studio G stamps
-Recollections Champagne pearl cluster

Until next time, Keep creating!!!

Kelli
Favorite Favors

1 comment:

Sandy O said...

WOW!!! All three are simply stunning! The K & Co paper you used is so pretty. The clusters, wow, they take my breath away.

I would never have thought to add ink to feathers. I have had a package of white feathers for a long time that I just haven't found a project to use them on. I love this idea and will definatley use it. I hope I can get them to look as pretty on a project as you did.