Sunday, December 4, 2011

My 25 Days of Christmas Challenge! Day 4

Happy Sunday!!

Welcome to Day 4 of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge.  Today's project is my second card of the season and I must say I had a lot of fun making this card.  Have any of you read the meaning behind the candy cane, aka "The Candy Cane Story"?  If you have never read the story then you can read it below.  I have always loved the candy cane story and thought I would incorporate it into a card.  Here is what I created:


The title has a bubble in it for dimension.

I added a spin feature to the card to bring the story to life in the card.  The candy cane stamp turns to change the cane into a 'J' for Jesus.  A red brad in the center of the ribbon helps it to spin.  I popped the candy cane and the red and white mats behind it with foam tape.

I printed the story from the Internet.

Here is the story...

If you can't read the small print of the picture then you can follow the link, http://www.kidtokid.org/candycanestory.html, and read it.

What I used:

-Making Memories Holiday Paper pack
-Queen & Co. black rhinestones
-Nicole Craft green rhinestones
-Studio G ink
-Studio G candy cane stamp
-Recollections card stock
-Cricut Home Decor Cartridge

So here is my Day 4 project.  Please let me know what you think.  And I will see you all in a little bit for Day 5.  Thanks for spending some time with me.

Blog with ya later.

Kelli
Favorite Favors

1 comment:

Sandy O said...

Oh my, this is so nice and cheerful. What a perfect idea to put the canes on a spinner to make them into a "J". I also love that story and what a fantastic way to share it.