Monday, October 24, 2011

God Bless You card holder

Hi-Dee-Ho Everyone,


Sorry I haven't been around. I have been suffering with some tremendous back pain.  Even typing is painful but I have to stretch the muscles and become mobile again.  So here I sit and stretch.


Have you ever had an experience where a paper pack kept hounding you to use it.  Well, that is what happened to me.  The purple in this pack by Colorbok - "Julia",  kept calling my name until I opened it and used it on a project.  For this project I created a Greeting Card Portfolio/Holder using a cereal box and a patterned paper pack I purchased from Target back in June.


Using the Vellum quotes from DCWV, I created a simple cover.


I used DecoArt Twinkles on the ribbon ends to keep them from fraying.


I used Nicole Crafts card stock to create the pockets.  I made a total of 5 cards each with white envelopes.  Why 5?  Biblically, the number five represents grace.  On the first card I added flat-back lavender pearls and the sheer ribbon I used for the closure.  Studio G ink, VP0017, is used around the sentiment.  Actually I used this ink all throughout this project.


The second card I kept it fairly plain so that it could be given to a man.


The inside of the second card.


On the third card I added some white Offray ribbon and white round brads to the patterned paper.  The flowers are cut out from the same paper pack.  The flower at the top I placed on foam tape.


Here is the inside of card 3.


For card 4 I used white button brads for the corners, green flat back pearls for the sentiment and Studio G blue ink around the edges.


The inside of card 4.


Card 5 is a simple blank outside card.  I may add a one word sentiment later on the card; maybe the word "Purpose", I haven't quite decided yet.  With my white gel pen I added faux stitching.  This card was inspired by Sara Wisboo from Don't Worry, Be Scrappy! :D.


The inside of card 5.


I used Recollections white card stock throughout the project.  I really enjoyed making this portfolio and I can see making some more for the upcoming holiday seasons.  Okay, time for me to go lie down.


Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me.


Until the next blog...Remember, God has a incredible plan for your life!  Just ask Him to find out what it is.


Kelli
Favorite Favors

3 comments:

Lori Comeau said...

That's a really great project. Would make an awesome gift.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a fun and gorgeous creation
Thank You for dropping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sandy O said...

You made this with a cereal box? WOW!!! I would not know what to do with that paper since it is not really my style. BUT....you used it so wonderfully, that now I want to get some, lol