Friday, October 17, 2014

Cutting Edge Magaine DT Project - Money Envelope Project

Hi All,

As i was going through a list of al the projects that I have created blogs for I came across some posts that I had not shared.  This is one of them...


Hi Everyone,

Yes I know it has been a bit over a week since I have posted but a lot has transpired.  First, I GOT A GAZELLE!!!!  I am super excited!  And it is up and running.  It took a minute to do because I was facing opposition I needed a new/used computer so that it would not interferre with the main PC that Hubs uses to work on.  So got that squared away, finally, and I AM IN LOVE.. This is a beautiful machine and I am looking for things to cut.  :D  I have been working on projects in the meantime though.

Today I am showing a project with a wedding theme.  Being that wedding season is upon us.  I love everything about weddings except for the family drama ;).  Never the less, after purchasing the engagement present or bridal shower gift or the wedding gift for the happy couple, we tend to also give the newlyweds a bit of cash to help them start their new life.  And that is where the money holder comes in.  Instead of just giving a card I used my beautiful Gazelle, a phrase from Ms Kate Cuttables and a file from My Grafico to create this Money Envelope.  I love how this came out.  The file is set to be used as a vertical pocket.





I wanted to add a BIG sentiment so I cut the flap down just a bit so it matched the other side, glued it all together and viola!  I adore this project. Quick and easy and perfect.  This can be used for other occasions than just a wedding day but I just love how it came out.

I added some Distress ink to the letters to help them stand out and not blend into that beautiful lace.

What I used...

Cut Files: (envelope) My Grafico, (sentiment) Miss Kate Cuttables
Patterned Paper: (Autumn Leaves) Bellisimo
Ink: (Tim Holtz) Victorian Velvet
Embellishments:  (Trico) Burgundy and Ivory Mulberry roses, Fabric roses
(Recollections) Metal key 
(Ebay) Flat-back pearls
(Dress-It-Up) Vintage buttons 
(Bridal) Stamens 
(Offray) ribbon
(Luv Unlimited) Antique Style Lace

No comments: