Thursday, May 2, 2013

Recycled Journal using a Hardcover Book

Hi Everybody,

I am so excited to share this project with you.  I followed a tutorial by Marianne Kensington (click here for the tutorial), A Pocketfull of Vintage, on YouTube and used the Rosewood collection from Colorbok, which I adore, and created this recycled journal using a hardcover book.  I had such a blast making this one that I am on role making more of them.  Marianne did say they can be addicting.  I am even making one for Hubs because he has 5 pages left in his current journal.


I love all the layers, brads, flowers, fussy cut elements and trinkets on this journal!


A cross stitch binding method from one of Marianne's tutorials.  


I added a pocket to the front cover and created some decorative paper clips for use in the journal.



I am so proud of this journal and how it turned out!!  Thank you all so much for stopping by and seeing what's up in the studio.  A big Thanks to my sister Kenya for her input. Okay everyone, I'm out.   I will see you all next time.

Kelli


What I used...
~Colorbok Rosewood Paper collection
~Colorbok Eathtones - Warm textured cardstock
~White drawing paper
~Recollections crocheted flowers
~Dress It Up Buttons
~Buttons
~Vinyl coated paperclips
~Hardcover book
~Nylon thread
~Gafer Tape
~Recollections Rhinestone Swirls
~Tim Holtz, Tea Dye Distress Stain
~Vintage Lace


1 comment:

Krafthead said...

This turned out GREAT!! I love all of the elements....then that paper is gorgeous!! Super duper job!!!