Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Layout Wednesday #1 - Dreams

Hi Everyone,

Today I share with you a layout.  Yes, I said layout surprising I know.  I am taking a break from the minis today, though I have plenty to show you, and sharing a layout instead.  I have been wanting to scrap this photo for a hot minute now and I just had not found the right layout or papers to use with it until now.

I love the wood grain paper from the Colorbok Homespun collection and pairing it with the blue just made this layout to me.


Here is my journaling spot...

A Prima wooden clock, Recollections crocheted lace, a doily, and 5 different blue papers from four separate Colorbok collections, a Making Memories brad, and Studio 112 sticker.

I found this antique brass latch from Home Depot and it came with five nails.  I used the Making Memories brads to attach the latch, then cut the heads off the nails and used glossy accents to attach the heads to the paper to look like I nailed the paper to the wood.


I wanted to challenge myself and use just two colors, brown and blue, for this layout.  So, I used 5 different paper stacks to complete this project.

A group of friends, hubs, my son (step-son) and I went out to lunch one Sunday afternoon after service and we ate way to much.  That comatose feeling you get after you've eaten a great meal, or the overwhelming sensation of wanting to pass out that you get is what we call "The Itis" (eye-tis).  On this day Father and son both caught the Itis at the same time and with camera in hand I couldn't help but capture this darling moment.

What I used...
~Colorbok Homespun - Wood grain paper
~Colorbok French Prep
~Colorbok Rosewood
~Colorbok Summer Sweet
~Colorbok Textured cardstock - Earthtones Cool
~Mamking Memories Brads
~Studio G Word Stickers
~Prima Wooden Timepiece
~Recollections Crocheted trim
~Antique Brass Lock and nail heads (from hardware store)

Thanks So much for stopping by and joining me for This Layout Wednesday installment.

Love you all!!

Kelli

1 comment:

Krafthead said...

Awesome layout!!! I love the colors and how you worked that wood grain paper...