Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thank God for Paper

Hi All,

Today I thought I would share with you some thoughts I had about paper.  :)

Whenever I am feeling down
I can always count on paper.
Paper has always been there for me
through thick and thin.
With every bright, cheery color and
beautiful pattern, they all seem to share
their happiness with me. Even the darkest of
dark paper seems joyful and exciting in some way.
Paper gets my mind off of me and makes me say,
"Paper, what can I do for you today?" To which
the paper kindly replies, "Turn me into something beautiful."
It is as I begin this transformation process that my spirit is lifted.
Somewhere along the way a smile appears on my face.
It is the combination of colors, patterns and embellishments together
that remind me of others.
Others that may be going through a hardship and need a smile.
Others that I may have forgotten about momentarily, that warrant a quick hello.
Others that need help crying over a situation.
Others that share with me my fondest memories and even still
others that want to share with me their triumphs and achievements.
Paper helps remind me of all the loved ones in my life.
Paper reminds me just how much I care for them and how
Blessed I am to have them in my life.
How blessed I am not to be in a destitute situation;
what a privilege it is to pray for those that are and to help them in their trials and pain.
How truly blessed I am to be able to sit here and write about
how something as simple as paper,
the very object I use to express my frustrations,
is the same tool that is used to change my mood.
What a blessing paper is.
Thank God for paper and all its creative uses.
(copyright 2011 Kelli Fortier)



Kelli
Favorite Favors

~Praise God for all the things He has made.

1 comment:

JustYolie said...

Oh my Kelli! You are absolutely right! :):)