Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Post Valentines Card

Hi Everyone,

I was asked to make some Valentine's card for a woman at my church for her little girl's class party.  She attends a Christian schooland the theme of this Valentine's Day was God's Perfect Love.  She wanted a card that of course uses the theme but would have stars by her daughter's name.  So I made some prototypes and her daughter picked out the one she liked.  Here is the finished card that her daughter chose.



Now I have to admit, this card was not my first choice but she loved the sparkle on the heart!!

I stamped some hearts on the inside of the card where she (the daughter) would write her name.  I did go back and add some stars around the hearts but I took these pics before the stars and I forgot to snap a pic after.  Chalk it up to baby brain ;) .

All in all I think it is really simple, and cute, and I do love the glitter star!!

I printed the sentiment in gray ink on the computer and then stamped the hearts around the die cut glitter heart.  Quick and Easy!

A Bit of Drama:   Now if any of you remember I am sticking to my challenge of not buying anything new.  Well I didnt have enough of this pink color for the card base so I had to buy some more of the Recollections paper pack.  Well the stack I had and the stack that I bought with the same name did not contain the same pick card stock as it had before.  So I wound up buying 3 card stock packs to try and find the correct pink shade. (I was not happy).  So now I am finding ways to use it up.


So there you have it.  Thanks everyone for sharing your time with me.  I will blog with you all again soon.

Kelli


What I used...
~Bright White Neenah card stock (From Office Depot)
~Coral Berry and Frosty Pink Dye ink by Altenew
~Avery Elle scalloped and pierced heart die
~Heart Stamps from Studio G
~Recollections Pink Card Stock

1 comment:

Krafthead said...

Very nice card! Would also make a lovely thinking of you card! I'm sure you will find ways to use up the card stock :)