Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Birthday Card Series #2

Hi Everyone,

So here is card #2 in my Birthday Series.  For this card I chose another Melonheadz stamp and paired it with the Basic Grey Oliver collection.  This is how the card turned out.


 



I decided to go with a more mascuine birthday card since, it seems, I never have enough of them. I also chose to use an MFT (My Favorite Things) sketch for the layout of the card.



I have found that masculine cards tend to be very simple in design and the for this card, the layout and paper line worked perfectly.

I colored him up using my Copic markers and struggled not to put and glitter on the package.  A difficult feat, trust me.  But in the end he looks really cut without any glitter.  I backed him on kraft card stock and that was the end. Quick and simple.  Looking back I might have chosen to ink the edges of the paper, especially the light colored paper. I will definitely keep that in might for the next card.

So there you have it. Card #2.

To see card #1, in case you missed it, click HERE.

Ok everyone, I headed out to make some more cards.  So until next time....

Kelli


What I used..
~Recollections Kraft card stock
~Recollections Ivory card stock
~Studio G green chalk ink
~Inkadinkadoo Celebration Expressions sentiments
~Brown button
~Basic Grey Oliver collection
~Melonheadz "Boy with Gift" digital image sized 3 in.
~Copic Markers
~MFT Card Sketch #

1 comment:

Mema's Crafts said...

Love your image and your perception of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts.