Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hello Card

Hi everybody,

So do you remember when I did the Prima Lyric Mini Album for a swap with a talented young lady in Sweden, well I made a card to accompany the package and i forgot to post it.  So when she shared the card on the FB group I grabbed up the photo and cropped it so that I could share it with you all. Then I asked the recipient if she could take a photo for me and she did and sent it and here is her photo. This one is better because you can click on the image and it expands.


It's a simple A2 (4.25x5.5) size card and I used the Mariposa Paper collection from DCWV and created this card. I used a variety of embellies on this card and i do love the way it came out.

I layered some lace, that I purchased at a local store here in OR on top of each other and I added some Recollections pink paper roses, silk white rolled roses from Trico, and flowers from my stash along with Studio 112 flat back pearls, Bridal pearl brad, and a crocheted Recollections flower.  Some stamens finish off the cluster and all this sits on a few Recollections leaves.  I added two wooden butterflies that I sprayed with homemade glitter mist (Pink Chiffon-Folk Art paint) and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I also used DecoArt gold Twinkles as the body of the big butterfly and some tiny pearls for the body of the little butterfly.  And lastly, using the Vintage Photo, I stamped Hello from  Stamp cluster from Michael's $1.50 bin.

And there you have a simple card to accompany the mini.

Just wanted to share this will you all, and I will see you all next time.

Kelli


If you missed the mini album you can click here to see it.  :D


5 comments:

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

This is a beautiful card, Kelli! I love the butterflies and the colors you used for the card. TFS.

Papercrafting Princess said...

I do remember and it's beautifully embellished. LOVE the Mariposa.

Trina said...

This is so pretty!! Your flower bundle look perfect! **UGH, I just failed your comment verification...

NC Peach said...

Very pretty Kelli! Love your combo of embellies with the paper! BTW, I checked out your matching album and this card coordinates beautifully! Thanks for sharing!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way you used the mariposa paper
Cheers
Dr Sonia