Thursday, May 5, 2011

Apart from you but not Forgotten & Mother's Day card

Hello Friends!

I pray you all are having a fabulous week!!  I know I have been away for awhile and I apologize for that but please know that I thought about you all and each of you were in my thoughts and prayers.

I have been working on a bunch of projects but the reason why you haven't seen them is because of a lack of memory space in my computer.  I have been diligently trying to clear the computer of all unneeded files and programs. I still have a ways to go but I have cleared enough room to import photos from my camera and show you all that I have been working on.

***I have to give a big THANK YOU to Sandy O @ Paper Transformer for reminding me to get it into high gear and create my Mother's Day cards!  :D  ***

So, this blog will be about my Mother's Day card.  I am really please with how this came out and I am really proud of myself.  I pray you like it.  Please let me know your thoughts. So without further delay...

...Here it is!


I used a piece of Paper from K&Company.  I think it is called Garden Paradise; I know that it is an old collection but I thought it was perfect.  The card base is a cream color that I cut at 6 1/4" x 9 and folded in half to make a 6 1/4" x 4 1/2" card.  I cut a piece of tan card stock at 6" x 4 1/4" and then cut the patterned paper at 5 3/4 x 4.  I wanted a very thin border on this card.



I adhered a piece of chocolate brown ribbon onto a piece of cream antique lace and then wrapped it around the patterned paper and tan mat.  I used my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and cut an oval at 2 1/2" in the tan color and another at 2 1/4" in the patterned paper and adhered them together.  Then I used the Nature's Garden Watercolor Alphabet Stickers by Colorbok to spell out MOM.  I propped the sentiment on some 3D dimensional stickers, added an little bling from K&Company and viola!


I added some cream flowers to the side of the sentiment and the curly wire.  Then I took some glitter glue writer in crystal by Deco Art and outlined the flower petals, leaf and curly wire.  Then I added the butterfly and added the glitter to the butterfly.  Finally I added the K&Company bling to the corners and the front of the card was done.


Can you see the sparkle?  I tried to really capture the twinkle on the flowers but my camera wouldn't behave.


I blurred out the written part of the card but here is the inside.  I didn't want to waste any part of this beautiful paper so I made the open oval part a picture window and filled it with butterflies and covered the butterflies with the glitter.  



The camera really captured the twinkle on the butterflies here.  I love how this card came out.  I pray my Mom likes it as well.

Alright amigos, it's time to go for now but until we meet again; thanks for sharing your time with me.

Kelli
Favorite Favors

To all the virtuous women!  "...Many daughters have done virtuously, nobly, and well [with strength of character that is steadfast in goodness], but you excel them all."   ~Proverbs 31:10-31  AMP

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

1 comment:

Sandy O said...

OH, I love the K & Co. paper too. This card came out so very pretty. The paper, flowers, stamping! The inside is perfect. I love the glitter on the butterflies. She is going to LOVE this. I still have not made mine! I have the exact card in my head, now to put it on paper, lol

Computers, sigh, you can live with them and you can't live without them, lol.

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog, it really made my day!